Date: December 10th, 2016
Time: 5am start
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2016 EMAIL NAKEDINDIAN@SINGLETRACKSAMURAI.COM
The Cross Florida Individual Time Trial is Florida’s Premier Off road Ultra Endurance Event. It is a one of a kind coast to coast bikepacking/Ultra Running challenge, the only one of its kind in the United States.
NEW THIS YEAR, we have invited the ULTRA RUNNERS to take on the course!!!
There will be no cue sheets provided for this route, only a GPX file and instructions on how to use said file. Riders/Runners are required to use a GPS, Garmin Etrex 20 or better is recommended.
The route is 250 miles of mixed terrain: Singletrack, forest road, paved roads, bike trails, double track and grassy abandoned easements. This is an at your own risk personal challenge that each rider voluntarily wants to engage in. There is merely a recommended start time for the route, but riders/runners can start at any time coordinating their official start times with the event organizer beforehand.
Tracking is established by using a SPOT device. SPOT device is required for the participation as Trackleaders will be providing coverage at Trackleaders dot com. If you do not own a SPOT satellite tracking unit they are available from Trackleaders at a very reasonable cost.
1. You must complete the route under your own power. Once you set foot in a motored power vehicle you are voluntarily withdrawing from the challenge.
2. There is a no drafting rule in effect.
3. You must be able to safely carry yourself the length of the route. You can only obtain supplies from commercial establishments along or near the route. You cannot pre arrange any kind of support or supplies and there are no SAG vehicles allowed.
4. There will be 10 checkpoints that you are required to provide photographic evidence for. Some checkpoints may require video documentation. In an effort to prove that you passed these areas you can either email your pics and videos to Nakedindian@singletracksamurai.com or you can post them on your facebook wall for me to see and verify.
5. You can take as long as you need to complete the challenge, there is no time limit and no cut offs. Every rider/RUNNER will start participate in a mass start in they start with the group the day of the event.
There are no entry fees for the event, but on the registration page, you are encouraged to make a donation to help fund the cotinued development of the Cross Florida Mountain Bike route and the Future Eastern Continental Divide Route , which will some day extend from Alabama to the Everglades providing a long lasting off road route for all to enjoy.
I hope this is the year you decide to give the route a try.
Questions? Email me at email@example.com