The Cross Florida Individual Time Trial is Florida’s Premier Off road Ultra Endurance Event. It is a one of a kind coast to coast bikepacking/Ultra Running challenge, the only one of its kind in the United States.
There will be no cue sheets provided for this route, only a GPX file and instructions on how to use said file. Riders/Runners are required to use a GPS, Garmin Etrex 20 or better is recommended.
The route is 300 miles of mixed terrain: Singletrack, forest road, paved roads, bike trails, double track and grassy abandoned easements. This is an at your own risk personal challenge that each rider voluntarily wants to engage in. There is merely a recommended start time for the route, but riders/runners can start at any time coordinating their official start times with the event organizer beforehand.
There will also be three packrafting routes, two of which can be used if you start on the east and are going west, one of which is West to East Specific, but offers riders a unique camping Opportunity.
Tracking is established by using a Tracking device. Tracking devices are required for the participation as we will be providing an online page to track riders progress. We will contact riders to discuss your options on how to be tracked for this event.
IN previous years we have crossed the St Johns River using the Fort Gates Ferry. It is possible that the Ferry may not be re opened for this years running of the event.
WE are Hoping the Ferry will return this year, if it does the route will be closer to 250 miles.
1. You must complete the route under your own power. Once you set foot in a motored power vehicle you are voluntarily withdrawing from the challenge. THERE are exceptions made to this rule in cases of medical emergencies.. If you are injured and need help, get healthy and you can rejoin the course at your convenience.
2. There is a no drafting rule in effect.
3. You must be able to safely carry yourself the length of the route. You can only obtain supplies from commercial establishments along or near the route. You cannot pre arrange any kind of support or supplies and there are no SAG vehicles allowed. NO TRAIL MAGIC ALLOWED. THIS MEANS ANYONE OFFERS YOU ANYTHING YOU SAY NO.
4. There will be 3 checkpoints that you are required to provide photographic evidence for. Some checkpoints may require video documentation. In an effort to prove that you passed these areas you can either email your pics and videos to Nakedindian@singletracksamurai.com or you can post them on your facebook wall for me to see and verify.
5. You can take as long as you need to complete the challenge, there is no time limit and no cut offs. Every rider/RUNNER will start participate in a mass start in they start with the group the day of the event.
There is a 40$ minimum donation that you make to participate in the event. In return for this donation, you will receive the route file, the trail guide, the waypoint restock file and a sovenier. Whether you attend the event or not that is what your donation covers, there are NO REFUNDS.
Your Donation does go along way to keep me working on new routes, projects and maintaining the ever evolving existing routes and future projects. Generosity is encouraged and generally will provide good luck during the event!!!
I hope this is the year you decide to give the route a try.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org